The ApHC UK is affiliated to the ‘mother’ breed register (Appaloosa Horse Club of America) which is the founding membership body for the Appaloosas breed. Affiliated organisations have been set up around the world to support, strengthen and diversify the Appaloosa Horse Club, the UK being one of them. There are now 19 affiliated Appaloosa Horse Clubs around the world which shows the increasing interest in this outstanding breed.
UK members who affiliate their horses with the ApHC USA are able to compete in main register (A register) classes at the annual national breed show in the UK. It also means that breeders are able to import and export horses with main register affiliation and continue to breed main register horses. This has enabled established foundation Appaloosa bloodlines to be introduced into the UK. Being an affiliated member also gives competitors and horses in the UK international recognition and with the introduction of heritage classes at the National Show, members can promote and keep the colourful history of the breed alive.
Members are the lifeblood of the Appaloosa Horse Club. Joining the ApHC allows Appaloosa enthusiasts to be a part of a tradition of excellence.
How to Join
Annual FeesMembership fees can be found on our Fees page.
Benefits of joining the Appaloosa Horse Club (ApHC) UK Ltd
- You will be joining the organisation that holds the only Appaloosa Breed Register with daughter breed status in the UK that is officially recognised by DEFRA (The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs). This is important for the long-term preservation and development of the Appaloosa horse in the UK.
- The ApHC UK is also proud to be the only official UK Appaloosa society affiliated to the Appaloosa Horse Club, Moscow, ID, USA. We gained our affiliation to the ApHC in March 2000.
- Our horse passports are fully EU compliant and officially recognised for travel and export purposes.
- You will receive quarterly informative and interesting newsletters including news articles, letters of interest and details of events. All members are encouraged to contribute to the newsletter. All advertising in the newsletters will be included on our website for no extra cost. The newsletters are published:-
|Issue||Month Distributed||Deadline for Input|
- Regular annual national show and classes in many other county level and other regional shows in the UK. Showing and Ridden classes (Western and English).
- We have a youth membership scheme which caters for the interests and needs of our younger members.
- We are a friendly organisation and all our directors and members are approachable and dedicated to helping new members.
The Youth division of the ApHC UK is dedicated to encouraging and supporting the next generation of Appaloosa horse lovers. If you’re 18 years and under and an ApHC UK member, we are here to provide a whole range of activities and services for you – and you don’t even have to own an Appaloosa to benefit!
For your membership fee you are initially sent:
- Free poster
- Membership card
- A welcome letter
- Commemorative rosette
Other great benefits of being a youth member include:
The National Show
All ApHC UK youth members are eligible to compete in the youth classes at the national – even without an Appaloosa. Youth members are allowed to enter youth classes on their own ponies. There is a wide variety of classes especially for youth members including in-hand and ridden showing classes, western riding, trail classes, show jumping and dressage. Lead rein is allowed in all our youth classes to encourage the youngest competitor. This gives them the chance to witness first hand the rules and layout of showing and competing both Western and English style.
An Official Youth Points Competition
The more youth members get involved, the more points they earn. Certificates are awarded each time a youth reaches a points milestone and the member with the most points at the end of each year is awarded a trophy.
The Youth Spotlight
The youth members have their own page in the newsletter dedicated to keeping them up to date with the latest news, gossip, stories and competitions.
Above all, the Youth division aims to provide a friendly, personal and approachable service.